Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"Grace" Strikes Again...


Well...I had an interesting Sunday evening!! I was a bit frustrated and had A LOT on my mind!! In an attempt to deal with all my thoughts, I decided to "walk off" my frustrations. Since it was pitch black out, I decided to just walk the small loop surrounding lower campus a bunch of times!! So, I set off with my mind racing and I was doing well, I had completed probably about six laps in no time at all!! I was going to go in my house, and now I see that would've been the smarter choice. "Hindsight is always better than foresight." BUT...I decided to make one more lap!! As I was rounding the bend to conclude my last lap, let me remind you, it was PITCH BLACK and I thought I was stepping the same place I had the last six laps, but I obviously wasn't!! My ankle twisted and down I went!! You wouldn't think you could do that much damage from just falling...but if your name is Tiffany Jean...NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!! I don't know if there was possibly glass or what?! Anyway, I sliced my knee up real good, as you can see!! AND...the picture looks good, believe me!! When I think back on it all, it's a little amusing?! I got up and limped the rest of the way home!! Despite the pain, I swallowed my tears until I walked in the door. My jean skirt was COVERED with blood so I changed and then sat on my bathroom floor trying to clean my knee off BUT...it hurt like the devil!! This is the amusing part, are you ready? I ended up laying across my bathroom floor with my head in the hallway, not wanting to move and crying. I'm not sure if I thought that would help or what?! BUT...I was speaking with my sister, either that evening or the next day, and we came to the conclusion that my dear uncle, Mr. Kendall C. Straight, III, has jinxed me forever!! He always called me "GRACE" when I was younger because I have always been a little klutzy!! I've broken my wrist, two bones in my leg, my neck, and punctured my eye. I've been in four car accidents, all of which were pretty serious. I've had my kneecap pop out of place about four times. I've fallen down whole flights of stairs about four or five times. AND I can't even begin to list all of the other insane things I've done!! So in conclusion, ummm...what can I say? I'm still kicking!! Hahaha!! Not quite as easily right now, but I am!! And "Pops"… I think you definitely jinxed me...FOREVER!!! Anyway, enough of my saga!! I just HAD to share this story & picture of my battle wounds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey Tiffany, I am so glad you are alive and 'kicking'. Seriously, I hope you have a great day!! Love ya!

tim said...

great article to use for a fund raiser as we pursue better lighting
in the areas mentioned. perhaps you could be called in to re-enact the whole incident for the school board.

seriously sorry about your pain.
Pam can relate to your misfortune. She cut her hand in two places thursday while washing dishes. it required 6 stiches and super glue. then to top it off she picked up a sugar coated pecan half that she had fried for one of her favorite salads. so now she has less than decorative stitching, super glue and a large blister on the same hand.
you both should go soak in the farm pond. I havn't posted about the pond lately, that should be interesting.