Monday, January 07, 2008

Friendship...What A Blessing!

I think we've all experienced the "after holiday slump"!! It's rush, rush, rush...buy everything, wrap everything, go to all the concerts, programs, and Christmas displays. It's just so busy before and then the holidays arrive! You go from place to place, party to party...people are literally EVERYWHERE!! Suddenly you hit January...the bitter cold bites at you, and it seems as though everyone is frozen in place. There is less hustle and bustle, less frolicking and cheer...the whole world sometimes seems to almost come to a stop in January. But I decided this year, that I will NOT allow myself to be frozen by the cold air or the bitter winds and although people aren't always near, I have SO MANY people in my heart. I have been SO blessed with friends throughout my lifetime! It's amazing! I want each of you to know (even if your picture isn't on here), you are a blessing to me! I believe God has brought every person into my life for a reason!!
Thank you to each of you for enriching my life and for giving me a heart full of smiles as I recollect all the precious memories we've shared!!





"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis






"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with friendship."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson






"Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away."
-Dinah Craik






A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! great post, Tiff. I agree, I think we all experience "the slump". I did, with a cold (that kept me from going to PA to see little Brandon James), lack of energy, etc. But, friends and family seem to come to the rescue :-) - what a blessing! God is good! Love ya! have a great New Year...

Anonymous said...

AWW!! I love you and enjoy our friendship! Thanks!! Can't wait to see ya in February. Have a good day!

Jeanne said...

As I was looking at all your friends--I scared myself...
You've always been special to our family from w-a-y back....thanks to Eric....