
M. Rogene Straight
Born - March 27, 1931
Died - December 19,1998
Your gentle face and patient smile
With sadness we recall.
You had a kindly word for each
And died beloved by all.
The voice is mute and stilled the heart
That loved us well and true.
Ah, bitter was the trial to part
From one so good as you.
You are not forgotten loved one,
Nor will you ever be.
As long as life and memory last
We will remember thee.
We miss you now; our hearts are sore.
As time goes by, we miss you more.
Your loving smile, your gentle face,
No one can take your vacant place.
It's hard to believe that it has been nine years ago today that we lost my Grandma! I still miss her and wish I could tell her just how much I would love to be with her on this Christmas season!! She was the best grandma a little girl from a broken home could've asked for! I value the years she helped raise me and the things she taught me growing up!
Thank you Gram for all you did for me! I want you to know that I miss you very much and you'll always be in my heart!
4 comments:
Tiff, what a beautiful and touching tribute! Uncle Don and I were reminiscing earlier today..doesn't seem possible it's been nine years! Love you loads, and look forward to seeing you soon.
I just discovered your blog along with your sister's and mother's.
This tribute to your grandmother is beautiful! I, too, loved her and still miss her. It's great being able to see all the pictures and hear all your news.
Thank you so much for your comment! My grandma was an awesome lady...I miss her very much!! Anonymous, who are you? Just curious...but thanks for the comment!! Have a great day!!
Hi. I'm Aunt Ho. I was really close to the Straight clan when you girls were little and before. You probably don't even remember me as it's been years since you saw me. I saw Tara at Beth Clemens wedding. Sorry, but I can't figure out how to get my name to come up so have to use anonymous.
Post a Comment